The Blessed Edward Bamber Catholic Multi Academy Trust has some additional funding that would have been retained by the Local Authority. This will enable the trust to purchase additional school improvement services, to help raise standards of achievement and increase the progress made by pupils, as well as meeting other statutory responsibilities covered by the grant. A distinct element of the Multi Academy Trust’s work is to build capacity for improvement across its academies by:
- All schools must be supported to take the next step on their improvement journey, either from satisfactory to good or good to outstanding.
- There needs to be both support and challenge from within the Multi Academy Trust (school to school support & challenge) to help raise standards.
- There needs to be both support and challenge from outside the Multi Academy Trust to help raise standards.
- There will be the expectation that staff will be involved in joint professional development across the Multi Academy Trust through, for example, the use of joint INSET days, professional development visits to another school during directed time, sharing of good practice or joint policy development. However, staff will not be required to teach at another school.
- Staff may be able to apply for professional development placement in another school within the Multi Academy Trust. Some posts may in the future be advertised for staff to work across the schools in the Multi Academy Trust.
- Monitoring on behalf of the Multi Academy Trust Board standards across the schools involved in the trust and reporting information to the board along with co-ordination appropriate interventions in a proportionate manner.